1600 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Fisher Lumber is one of the oldest continuing operating retail stores in Santa Monica. Bob Sievers started working at Fisher in 1948 and became a partner in the business with Joe Cleary. Bob owned and operated Fisher Lumber for 40 years. Bob and his partner sold the company to Weyerhaeuser Corporation in 1980. His son-in-law, Erik Jorgensborg, joined the company in 1975 and became president of the company upon Bobs retirement in 1985. The Fisher property was sold to the city in 2004 and the business that served Santa Monica for 82 years closed its doors in 2005. In 2006 Erik and Nancy Jorensborg Bobs daughter reopened the store at 1600 Lincoln Blvd. on 16 the size of the former property. They, along with their son Christopher and 8 former employees of Fisher have scaled down and tailored the business for contractors and homeowners. Erik and Nancy have maintained the same friendly and convenient service that Santa Monica residents have come to count on.